Owners of growing companies and small businesses tend to wear many hats. I know I do. Meet me, Aurelia. The marketing team. The finance team. The creative team. The customer service team. You get the picture. Heck, you probably know exactly what I’m talking about.
Fortunately for businesses who want to take the next step to ease their workload, there are AH-MAZING client management systems that basically act like your assistant. *sigh of relief because who doesn’t need assistance*
If you could have a place to send contracts, proposals, invoices, manage clients, meetings, and get paid all in one place, wouldn’t you sign up? Client management systems is their name, but the other additional features (that save YOU time) is their game.
The time spent researching which CMS is right for you can seem overwhelming. Stressful. Time consuming. I get it. I’ve done it! Luckily, we can review together two CMS’s so you can make the best decision for your company.
So let’s take a look at Honeybook and Dubsado. Both management systems help creatives, small business owners and companies. They offer features such as creating and sending contracts and invoices, pricing packages, questionnaires, scheduling clients and you can get paid right there on the site. Their customer service teams are excellent- you can always get help and receive tips!
These guys take your business to the next level. Consider them an all-in-one solution to take tasks off your plate to let you focus on the more important things in your business!
First things first: What do these cost?
- If you’re new to the business world, you can go with Honeybook’s cheapest option of $9/mo. This offers you amazing features, but limits you to $10,000 of payments through them.
- If you start with this plan and your biz blows up, don’t worry! They will offer you the next plan for your growing company!
- Otherwise, for unlimited access to features and transactions, it is $39/mo, or if you pay all at once you can save 17% and pay $390 for the year!
- Dubsado does not offer a cheaper option, but don’t let this stray you away from checking them out! They are cheaper monthly and yearly, costing $30/mo, or $300/year!
What does Honeybook offer that Dubsado doesn’t?
- Honeybook is a great on-the-go system. They have an app to download which makes managing, wherever you are, much easier.
- Honeybook has a really interactive community. In fact, you are able to search your location and find coffee shops to meet up with other local creatives, entrepreneurs, freelancers, etc!
- COVID-19 restrictions are in place, so these meet-ups are online until further notice.
- Editing Honeybook is slightly easier than Dubsado. Instead of clicking a dropdown menu in Dubsado to edit, you can quickly select where you want to change it.
- Honeybook has a strong payment system
- Your clients can set up automatic payments and save their payment information for the next time!
- All payments are through Honeybook- no third party integration!
What does Dubsado offer that Honeybook doesn’t?
- You can create client portals. Your clients can log in and have access to all documents, contacts they need to sign, invoices, and can pay right in their portal.
- If you have set and stone prices, Dubsado allows you to have public proposals.
- This allows your clients to see a public proposal and sign it right away!
- The free trial with Dubsado is managing up to 3 clients.
- Honeybook only offers a 7 day free trial.
- Dubsado’s workflows provide more information. There are many different actions you can add that Honeybook doesn’t even offer.
- You can change the status of a project, add a tag, create a to-do list, send contracts & invoices, deactivate a client’s portal, and pause certain actions/workflows.
Which one should I choose?
I wish I could give you an answer, but it all depends on what your company needs and where it wants to go. But I DO recommend thinking about how you can transform your company with one of these systems!
Because imagine you just cut your work time in half. Do you know what this means? It means more time doing things. I can literally name three things I would do if I could be done working earlier. (Don’t judge, but one of them is probably Netflix).
Both are a great way to systemize your company and to take a workload off you. But keep in mind the features that one offers, that the others don’t. This is a good way to see which one is best for you. For example, if you want your clients to access documents easily, Dubsado is the right choice. But if you want to have a solid payment system without an integration for both you and your clients, Honeybook is the one for you!
I recommend visiting their websites below to see them advocate for themselves- because (holy moly!!!), I truly think these sites are the future for us business owners!